Installed SP2 - can't install Creative Sound Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

melonhead

The computer I am working on is/was a mess. I did a system restore and then installed all the updates. Went to install the driver for the Creative Audigy LS sound card - and it will not install. Tried going to safe mode and it seemed to install but it did not. Did a selective startup with drivers not loaded. Searched microsoft and creative. Maybe I'm typing in the wrong key words for knowledge base?!? Anyway, anyone have any experience with this. Thanks!

have you gone into bios and disabled on board sound? If you cant try from device manager.

melonhead

No I haven't.

I'll try that but I want to clarify. Do you want me to go to bios or do you want me to go to device manager>

Thanks for the reply

melonhead

Sorry took so long to get back. Waited for scan to finish.

Anyway, I went and disabled onboard audio in bios. Then ran the creative installation. It asked to reboot and I did. However, still unsuccessful.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks for you help

melonhead

That is where I got the driver. I also went and downloaded a driver from HP and also one from driver guide. None work.

Do I need to uninstall SP2, install the sound card and then reinstall SP2?

I would install and run driver cleaner. http://www.drivercleaner.net/ uninstall the software for your other sound card if you haven’t already. Find your other sound device in driver cleaner, and also uninstall all previous installs of creative software and clean all creative drivers as well. Restart. I think this is the current driver 1.04.0055 http://us.creative.com/support/down...033&OS=10&drivertype=0&Image4.x=9&Image4.y=15 download this one if you haven’t already. If that doesn't help try another PCI slot.

melonhead

Thanks for the suggestions. I did the driver cleaner, I put the sound card in a new pc slot. Uninstalled XP2 and still not working. When try to install the creative sound driver it runs thru the extraction and then I get an error message "Error in launching c:windows\temp\crf000\setup.exe"

The sound card does not have any of the auxillary plug ins etc plugged in. It is only plugged into the pci slot. Is that a problem.

This sound card did work yesterday before some of the other problems were fixed.

Any other suggestions?

i got a fix for you i thk my audigy will never install if you get the driver off creative and unzip or unrar it go in the dir go to drivers should have a file named CTZAPXX.EXE or somthing like it. Double click check overwrite shared drivers and hit ok in few mins you will be told to reboot and you should have sound.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online