Installed SP2 for XP now IE not loading pages?? Help needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrbungle

Hi All,

I installed XP SP2 yesterday and I think something happened with the firewall. I'm not too up to speed technically but here's what I know:

So far when trying to access www.vodafone.ie, www.hotmail.com and other mail webpages in Netscape I get the mail webpage but cannot access my personal details when usr name and pswd entered.

I checked the firewall and the on and off switch is greyed off and there is a msg saying that it is controlled by Group Policy, I'm at home and not on a network. I have a wireless router, nothing special.

Also, IE net access has stopped, access to the net by Netscape is no problem.

Any help appreciated !!

Tried a lot of fiddling and searching on the web for help but no joy.

Thanks !!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online