1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installed SP2- Outook Express won't open

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Looboo, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Looboo

Looboo Thread Starter

Take a look at this message when I try to open OE. Please help if you can.

"Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x8007007E,126)"

"Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly"

Thanks

2. Sponsor

3. Looboo

Looboo Thread Starter

Here is an update to this problem:

I installed sp2 today and had to deal with MS support for hours, since Outlook Express would no longer open. Apparently there is a problem here and after unnistalling sp2, I now have to get back on the phone tomorrow to manually delete Outlook Express, and then reinstall it. The technician at Microsoft told me not to install sp2 until this and other issues are resolved. I am going to take his advice and not install it. Anyone else have problems with OE?

4. sammie4u58

sammie4u58

5. Looboo

Looboo Thread Starter

That's what they eventually told me to do. Thanks

6. zemdarin

zemdarin

No problems with my SP2 and outlook Express works perfect.

7. zemdarin

zemdarin

Hi Looboo just remembered I have this version of SP2
    6.0.2900.2149.XPSP_SP2_RC2.040610-152015, found by clicking on help above. I did have a later version download automatically to my computer, not sure which version though. I could get into O/E but I couldn't download any of my e-mails, no matter what I tried to do, so un-installed that version and kept with the one above.

8. Looboo

Looboo Thread Starter

I have 6.0.2600.0000(XPclient-etc)

9. southernlady

southernlady

LooBoo, is your's XP Home or XP Pro? Just curious cause you just may have to uninstall SP2 to get Outlook back. Liz

10. Looboo

Looboo Thread Starter

I have XP home and have already uninstalled XP sp2 and reinstalled OE 6- It is working now. Norton recommends I wait until installing XP sp2 since their programs are not yet supported. They are coming out with a patch very soon.

11. southernlady

southernlady

I'm glad you figured out the problem. I guess this one is solved? Liz

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/263937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice