installing 3 gig ram?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blitzkreig

I wish to know if I can install a 3 gig ram, I currently use 1 gig, is it possible to add 2 more gigs and make it a total of 3 gigs? I use windows xp, intel pentium e5200 dual core.

Triple6

Rob
That will depend on your specific motherboard model if it will support a 2GB stick or if its has 3 or more slots for RAM.

Go to www.crucial.com and see what they list for your motherboard. You can click on "Scan My System" on their site and it will autodetect your motherboard/system for you and list the recommended upgrades.

blitzkreig

ok, thanks for your info, i'll ask me computer technician to get more ram for me, he was telling me about some compatibility issues incase i install 2 more gigs of ram.

Hi I just checked out the site Triple6 posted. Seems I can upgrade from 2gb to 4gb, though my pc will only be using between 3-3.5gb.

The site is recommending '2GB kit (1GBx2), 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300 memory module'. Are Crucial (Ballistix) a good make or could I get RAM that is alot better that will work with my Dell E521?

Quick question, which is better. Ballistix (crucial.co.uk) or Corsair DDR2 Memory? Thanks :p

blitzkreig - sorry for hijacking your post :S

Triple6

Rob
They're both good memory, but Corsair has a huge range of memory going from cheap value series to high performance.

Little point in throwing away your existing 1GB to get a tad more RAM when 3GB is more then enough for most Windows XP systems?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online