installing 98 over ME?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
nosaw

Welcome to TSG, to my knowledge you can't overinstall going backwards. You will have to reformat the drive and do a fresh install of 98.

SeeYa

Rugrat is right. You will have to boot with a bootdisk and format the drive and do a fresh install of 98. Check your bootdisk to make sure you have Format.com on it first.

If all else fails go to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q272159 to print out specialized instructions for uninstalling ME. Been there, done that and I wasn't able to do the usual reformat to get rid of ME. Good Luck! Moonifa
P.S. I would gladly include the direct link but I have just had to reformat because I could not log on to the internet. Even my ISP's tech support were baffled and believe me I tried everything and then some!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online