1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing 98se from ME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jfburns31, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jfburns31

jfburns31 Thread Starter

I am having problems with ME and not to happy with it. I would like to go to Win98se. How do I go backwards to install 98se on my PC?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome......

It's going to be called format c: and a complete reinstall. Is there anything on the hard drive that you need to save?

3. prunejuice

prunejuice

What could be so terrible that you would go back to 98SE?

Windows ME, aside from the handy RESTORE feature, is
    essentially a tricked out Windows 98SE with a snazzy paint
    job.

Read the guides, ask for assistance, and learn your
    operating system.

4. ~Candy~

Email from poster (it'll be easier if you'll reply back to the thread, as I may be away, and there are others who can help as well)

This is the message:

I don't have anything really that important. I would like to figure out how to do this. Can I use partition magic?

I am not familiar with that software (well, I know of it, but I've never used it), so be patient and someone who is will respond........

5. ~Candy~

Email from poster:

This is the message:

Since I am in the technical support field ME is the worst version out there. Many problems with it. Since I would be going back to 98se, what steps do I need to take to allow this to convert smoothly? I am not concerned about files at this point

Have a look at this link, it should pretty much explain the steps, if you have any questions, please post back.

http://www.hexff.com/win98_install.html

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice