Installing a 200gb harddrive with windows 98se

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

olryst

Hi, I have a 200GB maxtor hardrive, which I want to use as a slave drive, and I have windows 98se installed on my computer. Can someone tell me how to install the harddrive with the full 200GB rather then limiting it to 137GB please.
I have a KG7 RAID Motherboard.

Be sure to check and see if you need a BIOS update for your MB to support a drive of that size. Windows 98SE will also need some sort of "drive overlay" usually available at your drive manufacturers website.

olryst

I already updated the bois.
At the maxtor website they have a program called Big Drive Enabler. But it says it is only compatible with Windows 2000 and Windows XP home/professional.

olryst

/\/\r.Abdul said:
you could just make the remaining space into a seperate partition.
I think i'll try that.
Thanks for your help.
:)

olryst

The BIOS Compile Date is 03/06/2003
Its the latest for my motherboard.

olryst

It woulden't let me make a seperate partition with the remaining space.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online