Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Installing a Canon printer on a Window XP OS.

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MisterEd51 
#1 ·
I have a Canon printer (TS3522) that I want to run on my Windows XP OS. I am apparently missing either a printer driver or software, because I just can't find a way to install the printer. I have successfully installed it on a Windows 10 OS. Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Canon PIXMA TS3522 All-In-One Printer (support site)

The oldest Windows operating system that your printer has a software driver package for is Windows 7.
It does not have one for Windows XP or Windows Vista.

Your printer may work in Windows 10 because of a built-in generic driver.
But you will likely discover that all of its functions (print, scan, copy, etc.) do not work.

-------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
You will have to save what you want to print on an XP computer. Then either email the jpg/doc or other file to yourself and pick it up on the Windows 10 computer OR put the item you want to print onto a USB stick and plug that stick into the Win 10 computer to print it.

I doubt you will find a printer that has Windows XP drivers unless it is an old used printer. You don't want to buy an old used printer only to discover you can't get carts and the printer really doesn't work well.

#8 ·
I have a computer called Palomino with Windows XP on it. I can't use it directly with my printer so if I want to print a file I copy the file to one of Palominos network shared folders. I then access Palomino's network shares from a computer that can use the printer. Here is Palomino's shared folders as seen from EventHorizon which is my laptop with Windows 10.

1656652963211.jpeg

As mentioned earlier if you can't access the Windows XP computers shares then the best alternative is to copy the file to a USB flash drive on the Windows XP printer and then plug the flash drive into a computer that can use the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.