1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing a downloaded program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rubio4321, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rubio4321

rubio4321 Thread Starter

Hi. I have downloaded a legal program but don't understand how to install it. The instructions said to extract the rar file which I've done but no joy. The instructions seem to assume some knowledge! I have the following files: an nfo file, 21 files named *.r00, *.r01 etc, an sfv file and a rar file which I have extracted...there are now a bin file and a cue file in an extracted files folder. What on earth do I do next? Please can someone help me with step by step instructions for a complete dummy !! Thanks.

2. Goku

Goku

Hello Rubi. I am a little confused with what kind of file you want help with so I am providing the instructions regarding the *.bin and *.cue files.

How Do I Use or Open Bin, Cue, or ISO Files?

If you are looking for instructions on extracting the *.rar and *.r01 files, then please go here.

Hope that helps. :)

-- Goku

3. DerekC

DerekC

Welcome to TSG, Rubio.

I'm a little confused myself. Can you tell us anything else about this program?

I'm just curious what program comes in separate rar files and contains a nfo file? I know a lot of illegal programs from torrents or newsgroups do, but I didn't know that they came that way legally also.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    rubio4321:

You've downloaded that file from a file-sharing site.

I have to wonder if your computer is infected from downloading and installing files from dubious sites.

Can you post a HijackThis log here?

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice