Installing a new fan

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nubuilder

I would like to install a new 120mm fan in the side pannel of my case.

Does anyone know of any sites that have directions on where to cut the holes and how to cut them? Has anyone done it themselves?

You can do a google search for
Case "mods"
or google a search
adding a fan.
There are tons of web pages out there.
Just google it.

You'll need a dremel, it's a kind of jigsaw that lets you cut round holes in metal.

nubuilder said:
I would like to install a new 120mm fan in the side pannel of my case.

Does anyone know of any sites that have directions on where to cut the holes and how to cut them? Has anyone done it themselves?
Hey nubuilder here is where I installed my case 120mm. The last 2 pics show the 120 with an 80 adapter with the 80 on the end.

Attachments

nubuilder

How can I be sure that the circle is perfectly round and that the screw holes are in the right place?

Has anyone found any directions?

What can I use instead of a dremel?

I also use a 123mm hole saw for the 120 and an 82mm for the 80's. used an electic drill with the hole saw and a stable bench with clamps to hold it steady. Worked great! I used the fan over the hole I drilled and marked the holes for the screws then drilled the holes with a drill just less than the diameter of the fan screws. :eek: ;)

nubuilder

I would be cutting through aluminum *I think*.

Why did you use a hole saw 3mm larger than the fan?

I only want the fan to be seen. (The fan measures about 119mm)

They make them only in standard sizes. The 2 hole saws I used were accually measured in inches but also had the MM size on them. ;)

nubuilder

Did the finish hole mach with the fan perfectly? Do you have any pics of the hole?

Would the hole saw cut through me case and have clean edges?

nibbling tool

No I don't have pics of it other than the one's I have already posted. Have you gone to the Hardware store? :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online