Installing a new Sound card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kidcnote

Banned

Hi guys. I'm getting ready to install a SoundBlaster X-Fi and need to know what to disable on the onboard audio..As you can see by the Pix that theres a lot there. I know I disable the Realtek AC97 but is there anything else before I pop in the new card and install the new driver with the CD ?? TIA..
http://www.pixpond.com/1/oxiy.jpg

You need to disable on board sound in the bios press the delete button on bootup if that doesnt work post back what kind of computer you are working on.

kidcnote

Banned
ezymony said:
You need to disable on board sound in the bios press the delete button on bootup if that doesnt work post back what kind of computer you are working on.
Hi, here it is:
Emachine T2200 1.8 Mhz AMD Athlon
XP SP2
AGP Geforce FX5500 256MB
1024 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)
400W PSU
MOBO ECS L7VMM2
Northbridge VIA VT8375 Prosavage DDR KM266

kidcnote

Banned
ezymony said:
Me Again :cool: OK, I just got into the BIOS and saw VIA -3058 AC97 {Auto} So when I decide to add the X-Fi soundblaster I would first Disable the AC97 in BIOS (Auto) and then shut off the machine, install the new card in the PCI and then fire it back up and then pop in the CD to download the new X-Fi drivers..?:confused: ? Pretty much the same way I installed my Geforce FX5500 (Except there I disabled thevideo onboard through the Device manager)..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online