1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing a printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rypolly, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rypolly

rypolly Thread Starter

Hi Eveyone,

I am having difficulty installing an Epson 777 color printer on a 200mhz machine running Windows 95. It is having trouble locating the right port. I do not have the original driver software, but I downloaded the right stuff from Epson. Only now that I have it installed it won't work. There is an error printing to Lpt port. Please help.

Thank you in advance for any speedy replies,
    Ryan

2. 4 Computer Fix

4 Computer Fix

What kind of error are you getting exactly? Bunch of things could be causing errors. Not using a bidirectional cable, not changing the LPT port in BIOS to ECP or EPP. Let us know what exactly the error is and we'll try and give it a shot to fix it!!

Hope this helps...

:)

3. rypolly

rypolly Thread Starter

The computer I am trying to load this on has no CDROM. I have been able to borrow one and successfully load software, but I can't seem to load the software properly. Everything seems like it is place, but when I go to print a test page it won't work. It timesout on me and wants me to retry, saying that there is an error writing to LPT 1. This is on my computer at school so I can't really give any specifics. I also installed a printer monitor for the printer, one I got from the Epson site, and when it was running it said that I was out of color ink, and than it continued saying I was out of black ink. I just replaced the cartiridge. The funny thing is, I had this printer working on this machine by using a different driver, but I thought since I had the correct driver that I should install it. Stupid mistake!! Now it doesn't work. Can anyone help me??

Thank you in advance,
    Ryan

4. slipe

slipe

Uninstall the driver that is not working and install 6.0bA: http://support.epson.com/hardware/printer/inkjet/sc777_/index.html You don’t need a CD-ROM as you can install it from the HD after you download it.

You might also want to delete the printer from the printer folder (Start>Settings>Printers) and shut down. Unplug the printer and boot without it. Shut down making sure the old driver has been deleted. Plug the printer back in and boot. You will get the new hardware found box and you can follow the Epson instructions from there for installing the new software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice