1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing a Windows 7 on Windows 8 RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mike_aldwin, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mike_aldwin

mike_aldwin Thread Starter

I currently am using a Windows 8 Pro RTM and I recently partitioned my C: drive to have a G: drive. It has 79.6GB. Is it okay to install Windows 7 Ultimate on the G: drive and will I have any problems?

I'm asking this because I read in some articles that installing an older OS in a new OS might cause problems. Like Installing Windows XP on A Windows 7 computer. They stated that it should be Windows XP to Windows 7.

Please guide me if I can install Windows 7 on the G: drive.

2. ETech7

ETech7

Best practice would be to install 7 first. But it should work, just backup thirst.

3. mike_aldwin

I installed the Windows 7 in the partitioned drive. But everytime I turn on the laptop, the typical Windows 7 boot loader appears (black one). How can I restore the Windows 8 boot loader (Metro Design)? Help..

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How do you happen to have Windows 8 RTM? And from where did you purchase Windows 7 Ultimate?

5. ETech7

ETech7

Try changing default OS to Windows 8.
    Million dollar question ;)

6. mike_aldwin

Something wrong happened. While in windows 7, i formatted the whole windows 8 drive and then the easybcd wont display the boot options afterwards. Then i restarted, even the windows 7 wont boot. Just a white line blinking. When i booted using the windows 7 cd, the repair said it would restatrt but nothing happens. I even installed windows 7 again in the former windows 8 drive (now formatted). When the setup restarted, it just went again to " press any key to boot from cd". How will i fix this?

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    When installing Win 7 after it restarts during installation it is normal to see press any key to boot from cd, If you press any key it will just start the installation process over again. When you get that prompt, ignore it and let the boot time out and it will continue with the installation from the point where it needs to finalize the instalation process.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I guess I was too subtle before. Let me try again ...

NOBODY SHOULD ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE HELP UNTIL THE OP HAS CONVINCED AT LEAST ONE MODERATOR OR ADMINISTRATOR THAT WE ARE DEALING WITH TWO LEGITIMATELY OBTAINED GENUINE VERSIONS OF WINDOWS.

9. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I'm wondering about that too, considering Windows 8 Pro doesn't go on sale until October 26th, according to what I've read. :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Point taken. Apologies.

11. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Thanks, dustyjay. We're good! :)

EDIT: And since I now see that you deleted your original message I have deleted my reply. Everybody else can just guess what we may have been discussing. :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice