Installing an older graphics driver.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mr wolf

Hi,

I have a radeon 9800 pro, with the latest Catalyst drivers installed.

I am having some glitches with games, and have been told that reverting to the earlier driver shoulf fix them.

Is there any procedure I should be aware of while installing older drivers?

Should I do it in windows safe mode, for example?

Thanks.

I don't know why the catalyst drivers would cause you any problems unless the other hardware on your PC wasn't using the lates drivers. I would go to theor forum and ask around about your particular problem and I am sure it will get solved. The latest drivers normally make your system perform better in MOST cases.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I don't think you can install video adapters in safe mode. Have you tried reverting back to the drivers that came with the card?

mr wolf

Rockn, there is a problem with dynamic lighting in JK3, other players have told me that they fixed it by installing the older drivers.

A quick fix is not necessarily the best, i know, but I would rather just get it working for now and hope that it is fixed when the new catalyst comes out.

AcaCandy, Reverting the drivers to the ones that came with the card is exactly what I want to do. :)

But do you know if I need to uninstall the old ones first? And if so, how?

Thanks.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Well, I myself, normally just run the setup.exe program and let it cry about installing older drivers, I think most recommend removing them. I think ATI should have an add/remove option....at least my 7000 does.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online