1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing batteries in sumvision

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fleath, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fleath

fleath Thread Starter

Hi, I have a Sumvision Rio usb keyboard with trackball. I replaced the batteries but now I can't get it to 'connect' to the usb receiver in a xbmc box. I have tried everything I can think of but still get no response.
    I wonder if anyone has any suggestions before I take it apart to see if its a problem inside.
    Thank you.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Does the wireless light on the keyboard flicker whilst trying to connect?

Same with the receiver? And are you pressing the buttons on both at the same time?

3. fleath

fleath Thread Starter

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply.
    Nothing flickers at all on the keyboard when I press the 'connect' button on the underside. The usb receiver has no light or button it to press. When I first had the keyboard all i did was tp plug in the receiver and put the batteries into the keyboard and worked fine. There is a red light that glows inside the keyboard when any keys are pressed or the trackball is moved so I know that the batteries are fine but otherwise its just not communicating with the receiver. Ive tried it on my laptop which loads the software from the receiver but still the keyboard doesn't work. Mystery ?
    Thanks again Dave.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

It is the right receiver? You are aware that they ARE paired and the receiver from one set will almost never work with a different set. The frequencies etc' are changed so that you don't end up picking up the next desk's input.

5. fleath

fleath Thread Starter

Hi Dave, yes it is the receiver that came with the keyboard. I suspect its a problem with the keyboard itself. A friend of mine has the same keyboard with no problems having changed the batteries. I don't think there's anything I can do except to buy another keyboard. Thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice