1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing BattleField 2142 problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by aries32487, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aries32487

aries32487 Thread Starter

i got windows vista home basic, i loaded battlefield 2142 three weeks ago and have been playing it ever since. yesterday i loaded a beta map, wich would not let me play on a certain server. so i deleted it, wich then messed up battlefield 2142 and i couldnt play no more. so i tried re loading the game back on and now it wont load on, i get this message (Failed to install battlefield 2142, try again from the beginning). so i did that but still got the same message over and over again, the loading always stopping on the same file [c:\...\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf 2142\sound-client.zip]. I was planning on re loading my os and restarting. i did that and tried loading battlefield 2142 on again but i still got the same message (Failed to install battlefield 2142, try again from the beginning) and stopping at the same spot again [c:\...\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf 2142\sound-client.zip] PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

it sounds like something could be stuck in your registry...try running a registry cleaner such as Ccleaner...

3. Kevy214

Kevy214

had that problem and then i cleared my regestry....it worked for me....swore to never download beta maps again....

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

haha...now im scared to uninstall the patch!!!! haha...

5. Kevy214

Kevy214

shouldnt be a big deal.....i would think??????

6. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

aye..well how do you uninstall the patch only??? im thinkin im gonna have to uninstall the whole lot am i??

7. kryptonite1055

kryptonite1055

I don't know if this will work, but try running the old patch. It might allow you to overwrite the patch. If not, get ready to uninstall, and reinstall the game.

8. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

ah thats a good idea...ill try to over write it..but im pretty sure thatl kick up more probs than its worth tho:) hehe then ill try the uninstall the whole thing route:)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!