installing Bluetooth on Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BBDH

Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop running Vista. Is it possible to get Bluetooth functionality on it without a Bluetooth dongle, i.e. by downloading some software? If so, would you please tell me how?
Thank you.

Xsage

Dave
Since Bluetooth uses radio waves unless your laptop supported Bluetooth when you bought it the answer is no. You require a dongle or aerial.

What model is your laptop?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the complete model number of that Toshiba Satellite L350 series laptop?
A dash and additional characters after L350 comprises the complete model number.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BBDH

What's the complete model number of that Toshiba Satellite L350 series laptop?
A dash and additional characters after L350 comprises the complete model number.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Toshiba Satellite L350-171 laptop appears to have sold in the U.K. and came with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
It does not appear to have any built-in bluetooth device and port.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online