1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing camedia software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oneoldman, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oneoldman

Oneoldman Thread Starter

HAve installed camera software on my two older pcs..successfully..have not been able to install on my E Machine...3rd pc...

I should say, it does install, but there is no recognition of "drive E" in the camera itself.

It has a USB connection cord from the camera... A second USB input has my keyboard installed... Is there any conflict in using this setup?

Joe...

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

1) what Operating system on the problem system.

2) what make/model camera

3) have you tried updating the drivers from your manufactures website(especially if your running xp)?

4) when you plug in the camera does windows see it (i.e new hardware installed message?)

EDIT:

should be no conflict with the USB ports

3. slipe

slipe

You might also try plugging your keyboard into the USB slot you are using for the camera to make sure it is working.

4. Oneoldman

Oneoldman Thread Starter

HAve win 98 on the pc with the camedia problem....have a pent 2 with win 98 that the installation has been working fine since installing the software.
    The camera is an Olympus 550..cables are fine...the usb cable as wella s the 110vac adapter.

HAve not tried to update drivers from manufacturer..that sounds like a good next step..

In my attempts to install the software disc, the installation goes along and is completed. but when camera is pliugged into USB outlet and Camedia progarm is seleced there is no indication that an "E" drive exists...both of the other pcs, one with win 98 and one with win xp work perfectly...

5. Jtoast

Jtoast

does win98 see the camera (give you the new hardware message) when you plug it in?

how about when you try the other usb port as suggested above?

6. pfoerste

pfoerste

Oneoldman, I solved this problem, when I had it, this way.
    Open Camedia, select Edit > Options then click the Download tab.
    Under Communications Settings select USB if you are connecting using USB. Auto is for serial port connecting.
    Then you will be able to install the driver. On pages 122-125 in the manual on the Camedia CD.

Good luck.

7. Oneoldman

Oneoldman Thread Starter

That sounded like a likely solution..did as suggested...... but has not had any effect..however..it still sounds good to me..I'll delete the entire camedia program and re install it..again....and will try it again......I'm learning...but very slowly...thanx for your help.

Joe

8. Oneoldman

Oneoldman Thread Starter

I've given up on the installation temporarily..This E Machine has been a minor probnlem for months...It comes with an installation disk that allows complete deletion and re installation of operating system and win 98...I was about to delete evrything on the hard drive since this pc has nothing on it that I need to keep...but, on installing the installation disk I see where it gives the three options..partial, or complete..or start up...and it's locked on # 3 option..which doesn'te experiment with starting over from scratch, and, ultimately, I had hoped, the succcessul installation of Camedia.

Since everything else seems to be working well on this pc, I'll leave well enough alone...for now anyway.....Thanks to the several suggestions ...I'll not give up on this entirely but for now we'll call it off.

Joe

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice