Installing drivers for anything screws my pc!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

benmat

Hi. Whenever i install drivers on my pc, (i've tried graphics card drivers and wireless network card drivers) my pc stops working. When i installed the graphics card drivers, i tried testing the graphics on a game (counter-strike) but as soon as i got into the game, the pc flashes a blue screen, and reboots. I cant see what the blue screen says because it flashes on and off again to quick for me to read it. I decided to uninstall the graphics card drivers, and the game worked perfectly, but the graphics were REALLY bad. So i thought i might need to update some other drivers, so i tried to install my wireless network card, but when i finished installing the drivers when i had to restart my computer, it flashed the BSOD.... AGAIN! I need help urgently as im going to a LAN gaming comp called "rezidue" and its on in 2 weeks, i need my pc fixed by then! All these problems started when i upgraded my CPU. Everything was running smooth, and i was happily playing along on my computer, when i was asked what my FPS was in counter-strike, and i was all "mine are 65!" and there like "wow that sucks, mines 130" so i set out on my epic quest to get better FPS then everyone else and MAN THAT WAS A MISTAKE. I upgraded from my celeron 2.8ghz cpu to a P4 3.0ghz HT cpu, and thats when things started messing up on me. My entire system is as follows (incase it can help someone help me) P4 3.0ghz HT CPU, Microstar P4 motherboard, 128mb Nvidia Geforce mx4000 AGP x8 graphics card, 256MB ddr ram (recently brought new 1GB ddr ram off ebay just for rezidue! should be here soon!) TP-LINK 54mbps wireless network card) And last but not least, my ultra cool gaming pc case (not like that info can help fix ym pc, just wanted to gloat a little bit lol)
So anyway, the main thing is, whenever i install drivers, my pc goes all crap. THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYONE CAN GIVE ME AND REMEMBER, I NEED IT FIXED BY REZIDUE TIME!

Disable auto restart on error so you actually get to see and note down the BSOD, that way you should make progress as to the cause. Post back the whole message (particularly the Stop message 0x000...... etc and any mention of the file

Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup and Recobery/Settings - uncheck "Automatically restart...." and OK

benmat

ok, the message is as follows:
A problem has been detected yada yada yada...
The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp
The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.
Technical information: *** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x815EB2DO, 0X81665820, 0X816F9208, 0X00000001)
nv4_disp
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact system administrator or technical support group for further information.

benmat

i installed my wireless network card so i can get the error message from that for you aswell. Just thought i might let you know, im running Windows XP SP1. Heres the message:
actually, screw writing the whole thing, ill just give you the main part. The error is bad_pool_caller
the stop error message is: *** STOP: 0x000000C2 (0X00000003, 0X8105007C, 0X81577EDO, 0X81577E50)
Lets hope this helps... Ive been having these horrible problems for like 4 months now, its really starting to sh** me now :mad: Well, thanks for replying so quickly anyway. Just for the record, im a 13 year old cool computer nerd. LOL (Computer nerds can't be cool, can they?)

lol why not But i thk nerd has changed to computer geek And i ride atvs every weekend even tho im a computer geek :p. Id upgrade to sp2 it has better wireless support might fix the problem with wireless card.

benmat

I really cbf dling SP2 because i cant dl straight to my wrecked pc, so id have to dl it on this one, burn it to a cd, then install it and i cant be F*****....... Just wondering, would updating my BIOS do any good? It is a bit outdated... I JUST NEED IT TO WORK!!!

benmat

Bal3Wolf said:
and guru3d has differt sets of drivers you can try for your geforce.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/
Also, im not really sure which drivers to download lol (some computer nerd i am! *tear*) can u tell me which 1 to dl wolf? i got a nvidia geforce mx4000. (ever since i first made this pc i been having problems with it) It used to run fine until i tried to upgrade... SOME UPGRADE THAT TURNED OUT TO BE!

benmat

Alright, thanks heaps, ill give the new drivers a try and ill get back to you tomorrow...
ciao 4 now

benmat

ok, well those new drivers didnt help much at all, but i just got rid of all the drivers, and reinstalled them. Counter-strike works now, but for some reason BF1942 wont start up. Graphics card problem = SOLVED.
Now im still getting this crappy wireless network card error, which is really startign to annoy me (whats the point of having games working if you cant play them online?????) I have onboard networking aswell, but as soon as i plug in a network cable i get BSOD, but the BSOD has no error, just a stop message. I dont really give a **** about that network though, i really only need my wireless one working. I already gave the stop message in a previous post incase anyone wants to have a looksee for me. Thanks once again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online