Installing Graphics card drivers...help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Peter6

Hey guys,

I have recently ran into some problems with the online game that I play and as a result have to install the new drivers for the integrated ati graphics card . However, I have found that installing just the driver alone does not work. I have been told that I have to install the catalyst control panel as well. When I try to do this is receive teh message that there is a:

1) INF Error - video driver not found (which is not true as i installed it :-s )

2) install standard VGA driver (or something like that)

I tried to boot in safe mode and try doing it that way but if someone can give me step by step instructions as to how to fully install the new catalyst drivers (without these errors coming up :p ) for my laptop I would really appreciate that.

Cheers,
Pete

crjdriver

I am assuming you have an ati graphics chip. The catalyst control panel requires .NET to be installed. Do you have .net installed?

Peter6

you know what m8, i'm not sure....I will install and see what happens :)

Thanks for the reply bud

crjdriver

Opps, I just saw something. Are you installing catalyst control center or the older ati control panel? CCC requires .net. The older ati control panel does not.

Peter6

would be the new one but the same thing happens:

1) INF error - Video driver not found
2) setup was unable tocomplete the installation - try to setup your display adaptor with a standard VGA driver before running setup

So I am at a loss still..lol

crjdriver

Did you remove the old driver via add / remove in control panel?

You must remove the old driver first and reboot; only then can you install the new driver. In some instances you need to run an app called driver cleaner to remove all traces of the old driver before installing the new one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online