1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing Linux

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by Kicken Wing, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kicken Wing

Kicken Wing Thread Starter

Hello,

I just put back together an old computer and I'm wanting to install Linux on it. I've down loaded Red Hat and put it on a CD. The old computer has a formated hard drive. When I'm insalling it the set up tells me that there is no partition to install on. So I slected fdisk and it keeps taking me to a screen where I have to imput a mount point. Since I didn't know what a mount point was I slected autopartition and on that same screen it says in the mount point part that its not applicable. So I slect that partition and slect ok and it tells me that there is no partition to install on. I do realize that this is probably way over my head but that's the way I learn. I just can't figure out how to get over this hump. If anyone could help I sure would be greatfull.

Thanks
    Mike

2. pvc9

pvc9

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice