Installing Metal Gear Box II and Seagate 500gb for Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cak7200

I just bought a brand new Metal Gear Box II cd and a 500 gb Sata hard drive. everything works, light goes on, hard drive runs, EXCEPT my computer isnt recognizing it. The driver cd wont allow me to install the usb driver because it says it is only for windows 98/se. WHAT DO I DO? please help:confused:

You shouldnt need a driver for it, drives should be recognised in Vista. I assume you are connected in the right port, ie if you are using USB, it connects to USB socket? Can always try a firewire connection (case seems to have it, or better still a SATA cable. If ti doesnt pick up on these, then it would be likely the drive is incorrectly installed in the case. Check the power connector and SATA connector are in th edrive correctly.
If none of these work, take th edrive out and see if it is recognised as a standalone on a sata cable in th ecomputer. If it STIL isnt working, sounds like it could be a dead drive

cak7200

thanks alot for the help, turns it out it wasnt recognizing it with the metal gear box, so i plugged it in with my old western digital MYBOOK sata connection, it recognizes it on my device manager but i cannot access it? anyoneknow how? :eek:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online