1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing MSE

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by setterman29, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. setterman29

setterman29 Thread Starter

In trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials, I continue to get a message stating that the feature is on a network resource that is unavailable.It advises that I enter an alternate path to a folder containing installation package 'epp.msi' I cannot find it. How can I find a solution so I can load MSE on my computer?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    setterman 29

2. Sponsor

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Where are you saving the downloaded file to do this install?

4. setterman29

Dave: I'm not able to save because it never completes the download. That's part of my problem, how can I get the download to finish? It gets about a third of the way, then gives me the message I mentioned.What is the network resource stated in the message?

5. DaveA

You need to provide all the information that you have about your machine, and the network that it is connected to?

Where are you downloading MSE from?

6. setterman29

Dave: My computer is a Compaq Presario, using Windows 7 home. I've no idea what the network is that I'm connected to. I was using the Microsoft website for the download. Sorry to be such a dunce about the network question. Your patience and help are most appreciated.
    Setterman29

7. DaveA

8. setterman29

Dave: I tried this. but I still get the same message and results I mentioned originally. It's frustrating and I'm wondering if I should just forget trying to download MSE and find some other security software. All your help is truly appreciated. Thanks much.
    setterman29

9. DaveA

Do you have some other AV program installed?

It could be blocking the access.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

11. setterman29

Rob: I tried your possible solution and, unfortunately, it didn't resolve the problem. All the additional recommendations are a bit much for my feeble brain, so I'm giving up. Thanks anyway,
    setterman29

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068827