Installing New DSL Modem Issues

McKinley3

In a nutshell...
ISP via AT&T DSL (to Netgear ORBI router)...old DSL modem dying/no longer supported...bought D-link (DSL-520B) modem to replace...waited too long so no D-link support w/o $$$.

Installation via D-link’s Quick Setup seemed to go OK....helpful AT&T DSL tech says from his end seems modem not configured correctly, contact D-link...D-link $$$ support tech says AT&T DSL has the problem.

D-link diagnostics (via “Test” link) shows ALL PASS. Via “Test with OAM F4” link shows 2 FAILS:
-Test ATM OAM F5 Segment Ping
-Test ATM OAM F5 End-to-End Ping

??? Who owns my problem-AT&T DSL tech or D-link tech (happy to pay if I have)???

Couriant

James
Can you confirm what your AT&T Tech meant by not configured? I assume it should be plug and play that you connect the cord to the wall and the modem picks up an IP?

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you check with AT&T to ensure this modem is supported by them? This Installation Guide should help as a checklist for ensuring you've followed all the steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online