installing new ram....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mochenmat

My friend gave me two corsairs 2gig chips (what it says on the chips Cmzx2048-6400c5dhx/xms2-6400 800mz 5-5-5-18) and they replaced a (super talent 1gb ddr2-667 Pc5300) everything went fine (took a while for mobo to accept them at first but it all checked out but every time i turn on the computer and after it checks the ram memory i get a " CPU has been changed, please re-enter CPU settings in bios" What does this mean? do i have to change anything in Bios like the frequency or voltage or something?

computer

intel core 2 Dou E6600 2.40ghz
Elitegroupe model 945g-m3
DRAM FREQ: 332.5
FSB:DRAM 4:5
CAS# Latency (cl) 5.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# DELAY 5 clocks
RAS# precharge 5
cycle time 15 clocks
bank cycle time 21 clocks

SPD:

JEDEC #1 #2
FREQ 270MHz 400MHz
CAS# 4.0 5.0
RAS2CAS 4 5
RAS PRE 4 5
tRAS 13 18
tRC 15 22
Volts 1.80 v 1.80v

i have no clue what all that means but it was inCPU-Z so i figured it might help

leroys1000

Banned
Looks like your bios only handles 667 Mhz memory speed,
so it is set as high as it will go.
Probably want to go into the bios setup and select load seup defaults,
then hit enter.
Then save settings and exit.
That should deal with that warning.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts