Installing new SSD -Will I need to buy Windows OS again?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

larryh10000

Thinking about buying an SSD to replace my existing mechanical HD. This computer currently has the most up-to-date activated Windows 10 home version OS on it.
Will I have to buy a new Windows 10 license? If not, can I use the Windows Media Creation Tool to install it on the new SSD? I prefer not to clone the old hard drive to the new SSD.

Thanks

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
As long as you log in to Windows with your Microsoft account & it’s registered there then there should be no problem with installing & activating Windows on the new SSD.
You can always use something like Macrium Reflect to clone the drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts