Installing Office 2007... BUG! Please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Panarchy

Hello!

I am trying to install Microsoft Office 2007...

I got this error;

This has never happened before (I have done it on many other computers)

Please help me out here,

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Seems like corrupt installation files. Do you have another copy of the installation CD?

Ok try copying the whole disk to your hard drive and run the installation from the computer

Panarchy

Hello!

I have tried copying the files on the CD to my desktop, but I got this error message;

Please help,

Panarchy

PS: Thanks in advance

My company firewall does not allow me to view the image. Could you please type down the error message verbatim please?

Krash, the error message is saying (Cennot Copy EnterWW: Data error (cycle redundancy check)

Panarchy, This means the disk is corrupted at some point so it won't read or copy from it.

I would say go with slurpee's suggestion and try finding the missing cab files in another computer

For anything having to do with 2007, I demur to cherry pie (especially when she agrees with me!)
I was wondering - is this a first install of any Office on this PC or did you delete a previous version, like 2003? If you uninstalled something first, you might have bad registry hangovers that can cause problems - this link is old (relates to XP) but the idea is the same:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online