1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 gives error 25004 config.xml not specified mssge.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by FredricJLowe, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FredricJLowe

FredricJLowe Thread Starter

Windows 7 on new HP DV7-4190US came preinstalled with Office 2010 Starter Edition. I have tried to uninstall this Office 2010 Starter Edition and install Office 2007 Home and Student Edition. It says it installed successffully, but when I try to launch one of the programs such as Excel it immediately tried to launch a windows installer and about 1 minute later it says Error 25004 Config.xml not specified. A valid Config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)' then it says Fatal error during installation. This product installation has been corrupt. Run setup again from the CD, DVD, or other original installation source.

I uninstalled and tried to do a system restore and received an error that some file could not be uninstalled. I downloaded a program utility to remove Office 2007. I tried reinstalling several times and the same error message appear. I even disabled NortonSecurity Seuite from Comacast firewall and anti virus with the same result.

I have googled this error message and others have had the same problem and others have not had any issue installing it,

What is causing this and what can I do to resolve this installation problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/986891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice