1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing old sound card drivers on ME

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Gandolf, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gandolf

Gandolf Thread Starter

Hi Folks

I am having problems installing my old (but very good, fully working) sound card drivers on ME.

I have tried to uninstall the new drivers (which for some reason are not allowing me to use my mike, and when playing FIFA2000, sometimes experience glitches). When i try to install the old drivers from my driver disc, ME automatically installs a newer set. Is there a way round this.

Please help

Gandolf (the grey):confused:

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Just a thought, but have you checked volume controls to see if the mic is muted?

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I don't suppose this is the same Gandolf from mplayer is it...music room Gandolf?

Savvy :)

4. Gandolf

Gandolf Thread Starter

I have checked the mike setting in volume control. I have turned the mike on (i.e. click mike box)

Setting ask me to talk in mike, I do so but the equilser does not go up or down. its as nothing registered.

I have double checked that the mike is in properly. I even tried it in all the jacks

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Right click on your speaker icon>choose options>properties>put a check in all of the ones that dont have one>ok>see if any are muted>if so, un-mute it and try again.

When trying to load the older driver, are you browsing to your cabs file or somewhere else?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you looked at the sound card mfg’s site for a ME driver? This might give you more settings / capability than the MS driver that came with ME. If you do not know the mfg of your sound card, you may have to open the case and find any markings on the card.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice