installing on another disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Uchiha9

I'd like to install XP onto my secondary hard drive i have the program off the windows site and i'd just like to know if there is a way to install it on my other hard disk from this one.
thanks for the help ^^

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Uchiha9 said:
I'd like to install XP onto my secondary hard drive i have the program off the windows site and i'd just like to know if there is a way to install it on my other hard disk from this one.
thanks for the help ^^
What program off of the Windows site?

What you're asking about is basically a silent push installation kit for an IT guy to install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP on a bunch of computers without having to take a CD to each and every computer and do the install one at a time. It won't really work on a single computer.

That program is service pack 2 for Windows XP and is not an operating system like Windows XP but it does end up being that . It is a service pack and it just installs into your current version of Windows

DoubleHelix

Banned
I'm not sure you understand what you're asking.

The link you posted allows you to download a Service Pack and install it on your current Windows installation. It is not a full version of Windows XP. If you want to install Service Pack 2 on your existing Windows XP system, you cannot install it on another drive. It replaces system files on the existing drive.

Service Pack 2 is not a stand-alone program. It is a collection of updates for your operating system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online