1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Paintshop Pro 9 & X

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Maggz, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

I have tried installing both copies of Paintshop Pro that I own on my Windows XP system. Both copies install all the way up to the end and then say "Registering Modules" and it just stays there forever. Other programs install fine, but when I go to install another program right after Ive tried to install PSP it says a copy of PSP installation is suspended and asks me if Id like to rollback so Install can finish installing the current program in which I have to say yes or it aborts.

Thanks for any help.

2. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

Its been a few days - issue not resolved. If nobody has an answer could someone please tell me where I can get another good Image editor with the ability to at least convert file types edit layers and transparency and any other spiffy things are great. Thanks

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I can 't help with your Paintshop Pro issue other than to suggest Paint.Net: http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html which is about as good.

Also, try adding PaintshopPro to the excluded programs list for Data Execution Prevention (DEP) if you ware running Windows XP SP2.

4. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

Awesome! Thanks

5. Maggz

Maggz Thread Starter

I <3 This program!

6. jvcruz

jvcruz

Disable hardware acceleration when installing/running PaintShop Pro X.

There seems to be an issue with systems having AMD Dual Core CPUs and NVidia Cards. Disableing hardware acceleration efectively shuts down the Nvidia drivers, allowing you to complete the installation.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice