1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing printer, error in .INF message.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Metallic36, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metallic36

Metallic36 Thread Starter

I've been trying to install my HP All-In-One printer for the past two weeks with no luck. I've contacted HP but after doing all they have told me to do I still have not gotten past the error messages. I have recently been trying to install it using the Wizard on XP. This is what it goes through...

Found New Hardware officejet 5500 series.
    From there the window pops up for the Wizard that says:
    Found New Hardware Wizard. Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard. This wizard help you install the software for: officejet 5500 series. If your hardware came with an installation CD or floppy disk insert it now. Click Next to continue.
    I insert the CD for my software and push Next, it goes to another page and says: Please wait while the wizard searches... officejet 5500 series. After it searches, it then says the following: Cannot install this hardware officejet 5500 (USBHUB) An error occured during the installation of this device. The required section was not found in the INF. Click Finish to close the wizard.

Any suggestions?? I have no idea how to get past this to make my printer install, it does connect using a USB cord.

2. thegooddale

thegooddale

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!