1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Printer/.INF file damaged

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CheriR, Nov 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheriR

CheriR Thread Starter

My printer stopped working with a Card Maker application, it seemed to work fine with everything else. It would act like it was printing, bring up the status meter etc, but nothing was going to the printer or the print que. Printer support suggested to uninstall and reinstall the printer to correct this issue. We uninstalled it, but when I went to re-install, I'm getting a message that the .INF file has been damaged. What kind of a ".INF" file would a printer require to be installed and how can I get this file?

2. brianF

brianF

Try downloading a new driver from the manufacturer

the .inf file is what the driver file uses to install the components of the drivers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice