1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing problem: File copy error (CRC does not match)

Discussion in 'Games' started by rejectedham, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rejectedham

rejectedham Thread Starter

Okay, this is a problem I've had with other games in the past. I bought a copy of ArmA tried to install it and couldn't because of this error, however eventually it installed by ignoring the errors and I end up with a broken game. I know it's broken because there are missing textures, the team options not working, unable to install patch.

I've tried reinstalling several times, each time something different is broken. I replaced the copy, but this also led to a broken game although errors do not show up when installing. I tried using daemon tools to install but that doesn't work.

I would have thought that the dvd drive was ****ed but I've just tried to download and install the demo and it gave the same error.

Has anyone got ideas about what the problem is?

Specs:
    Vista x64
    4GB RAM
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 2.40GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB

2. techSeekerX

techSeekerX

Hi!
    CRC errors are related to integrity of the file in question. Make sure the game is not cracked version.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/841424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice