installing problems in vista?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulrichards19

Hi,

I'm getting the error message 'This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.' and as describe in MS KB article here.

I'm having problems getting it to work tho, my hard drive never been right since i installed grub on there for dual boot with linux, i've since removed that but still pronlems. I've formated my hard drive, restore the MBR off a XP CD but still getting the same error?

Any one get round this one before?

Thanks

I'd say zero the hard drive.

By zeroing it you will take the drive back to the same state you bought it at, all the bits will be 0.

paulrichards19

I checked google but cant auctully see a method of doing this other then a linux way.

Is there a does way of doing this? A boot disk or something?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online