Installing RAM on an HP 6735

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newburghsux

As stated in the title I have an HP Pavillion 6735 series. I found compatible RAM here: http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Pavilion+6735

I was wondering if it's hard to do for someone like myself who knows just about nothing about what the inside of a computer even looks like. I've seen it done on a Dell Laptop before and it's relatively easy. Just wondering if a desktop is really much harder. I was thinking of installing 2 256MB sticks and maxing out my productivity. I currently have 192MB total so you can see why I want to upgrade. Using this thing is like being back in 1999. Thanks in advance for any help/advice I receive here.

newburghsux

Thanks for the quick answer and link. It's worth a shot to try and speed this up. I'm hoping regular retail stores have my compatible ram sitting around.

newburghsux

Thanks for the replies. I took apart my PC tonight, took out the memory and put it back in just as sort of a test run. (I followed the pages you guy linked me to of course.) Everything is well, so when I get my ram (tomorrow) I'll just do the same thing and hope everything goes well again. Thanks again guys.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online