installing RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

installing

when installing RAM will the hardrive,motherboard auto detect the new RAM or do i need to get into the blue screen computer system menu and do it myself?

if i do need to do it myself...how would i do it?

Today's motherboards will detect new ram providing it is compatible with the motherboard. It's always a good idea to go to a ram maker site and use a configurator, put in your board and model and then note the models numbers recommended and buy those model numbers only.
www.crucial.com
www.kingston.com
www.corsair.com

installing

ok well this computer has a ''pent 3 intel inside'' stricker on the shell which in system in the control panel says its pent 3 with 100MB RAM its ****** slow with the RAM sticks i have...im unsure if the motherboard is compatible.

should i just open the shell put in the RAM sticks and turn it on? will anything screw up?

ok well this computer has a ''pent 3 intel inside'' stricker on the shell which in system in the control panel says its pent 3 with 100MB RAM its ****** slow with the RAM sticks i have...im unsure if the motherboard is compatible.

should i just open the shell put in the RAM sticks and turn it on? will anything screw up?
What type of machine?

Just installing it is probably all you need to do if you have the right RAM. You will get a message from BIOS about being updated, usually.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online