1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Realtek audio driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Totalrod2, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Totalrod2

Totalrod2 Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP SP2. I had absolutely no problems installing the audio driver from the disc that came with my motherboard the first time around. Unfortunately, I had to reformat and reinstall Windows because my harddrive was being recognized as disk "i" instead of "c" (causing alot of problems for me installing software). So now that problem has been solved, but I can't get the Realtek audio driver installed. A message pops up each time I try to install it which says: "Install Realtek HD audio driver failure". Could it be because I also installed "uaa bus driver - version 5.10.0.5010? I don't think that one was meant to be used with Windows XP SP2 (it's not listed as being one of the OS's that supports this driver). Of course, now I have no idea how to get rid of it, and a balloon pops up from the taskbar each time I turn on my computer saying "new hardware installed". I try to install it using the wizard, but it won't install. What's gone wrong?
    Bryan

2. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

Try a different version of drivers, hopefully more updated from the manufacturer's website.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  4. Totalrod2

Totalrod2 Thread Starter

Thanks Managed! I visited that link, It's good to see I'm not the only one who's had this problem. I obviously need to get out of the habit of thinking everytime I see something with the Microsoft brand on it, it's something I can't possibly live without.
    Bryan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!