1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Samsung SCD353 Camcorder on XP-Pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by timidtim, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timidtim

timidtim Thread Starter

I recently reformatted my computer and am reinstalling all applications and hardware. All has been successful until I tried to install my SCD353 to my USB port. Windows recognizes the device as a audio device ( I can't remember whether it recognized it as a audio or video device before reformatting) but it does not locate the drivers that I have installed from Samsung.

2. TheDJK

TheDJK

1) Have you checked the user's guide for the camcorder? If you don't have the guide, you can get a pdf version here (USB instructions start on pg 85 of the pdf document).

2) Did you install the camcorder drivers from a CD, or did you download them? User's Guide says...

3. timidtim

timidtim Thread Starter

I both installed the drivers etc from the CD and downloaded them with the same result. I am not sure but I don't think I had XP service Pack 2 installed before I reformatted

4. TheDJK

TheDJK

Did you use the most recent drivers from the Samsung site? This page lists a driver dated 09/08/2006. Short of contacting Samsung support, it may be your best chance left at connecting your camcorder to XP SP2.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!