1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing SBC Yahoo without CD - Win 98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tXr, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tXr

tXr Thread Starter

Hello, all!

My landlady just knocked on my door and asked me if I would help her install SBC Yahoo service to her daughter's computer, which she said is running Win 98.

A couple of questions:

1. I have no experience with SBC Yahoo, and very little with Win 98 as I have cable internet service and XP. However, I have heard that it is possible (and much better) to set up SBC Yahoo service without the CD that they send you. Is the Win 98 Yahoo setup without the CD similar to the XP setup?
    If not, how would I go about installing her internet connection? (I am still googling for answers, even as I type!).

2. My landlady mentioned in an offhand way that her daughter's computer used to have AOL.Would I (I know I should) have to reformat her computer to clean out all of the AOL before going ahead with the internet set up? Can I set up the connection and get it working even with leftover AOL in the system? I don't know if she even has her 98 reinstallation cd - sorry for the lack of information there.

Thank you very much for any and all replies!

2. Delta Dart

Delta Dart

txr
    Call 1-877-722-3755. They will talk you through any installation. I believe they will send you a free CD. If she is already on the internet it is possible they could have you download a program that would get you connected. This I am not sure. I have had SBC YAHOO for 2 years, but started from a CD they sent me. I am very happy with thier service.
    Russ

3. tXr

tXr Thread Starter

And especially for the phone number - I have a feeling I am going to need it!

As far as I know, she has no internet service at this time, so we will be starting from scratch, so to speak.

I am glad to hear that you have had good internet service through SBC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!