1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing SIMS 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by 61706, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 61706

61706 Thread Starter

:( I'm trying to install The SIMS 2 onto my computer...I have a HP Pavilion N5425, it has 256MB of RAM and 596MHz and I have updated DirectX to 9.0. My problem is the third disc...I've been able to install the first and second no problem but then at 54% I always get the same message about a property not being able to transfer. After rechecking the necessary requirements to install the game I realized I need to have 800MHz...I'm really not down with the computer lingo but I guess this means the speed of my computer. Is there anyway I can install more MHz onto my notebook?

2. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
    Welcome to TSG!

Maxis games, my specialty.

Notebook? As in laptop? Forget it. Upgrading laptops is pretty much impossible these days because when they are made they are made with the highest PROCESSOR they can handle. You really need a new computer if you want to Run the sims 2. 597MHz will not cut it. I'm running 2.0GHz and 512MB RAM and just barely making it..that's with an excellent video card. Feel free to reply if you need more help.

-EJ

3. 61706

61706 Thread Starter

Yeah, I've been informed my numerous people that a new computer is my only way to go...my laptop has been my security blanket for three years it's going to be hard to let go *tear*...I'm researching something newer yest affordable...any recommendations?

4. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak

First Name:
    Everett
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice