1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing software HP 7310 4-in-1 multifunction

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Danane, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Danane

Danane Thread Starter

in trying to QUICKLY buy a quality 4-in-1 printer, scanner, fax. copier, I went comparison web sites where I saw consumer review after review screaming abt how difficult the installation was for the HP 7310 - and these reviews were from 'technical' people; and how, even on the 2nd or 3rd replacement, there were still problems; they also moaned, on and on, about the customer service.

Since HP is leading manufacturer for this kind of hardware, and this model has all the features I want, I'd like to buy it!

Does anyone have any info on this - any suggestions? I really don't want to spend weeks researching, if possible.

Thanks!

2. sting06

sting06

I personally have never had any experience with this particular printer. However, what you need to understand if this was a serious product defect HP would have taken the product off the shevles completely and those who have bought the product would have either had there product recalled for a replacement.

If the product does what you want it to do and there is no other options, get it. I can't promise you won't have any problems, but with that being said I can't say you will have problems. Just remember that, every product on the market has it's flaws.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    HP makes software that is very glitchy but for Multifunction units HP is about the best you'll get. Just be sure to install the software before connecting the unit and to close down ALL running things before installing(this includes antivirus software and anything sitting in your systemn tray).

And most reviews are written by pissed off and inexperienced people(rarely professionals even if they claim to be). Most people don't write a review when everything goes well but you can be sure most people will write a bad one when it doesn't go well.

There aren't too good many alternatives; Canon and Epson might be the only other two. Dell is too properiatary and the hardware is very lacking in features - the cartridges are the worst part. Lexmark usually makes the Dell units and they aren't any better - noisy, and expensive cartridges not to mention they break often. Brother is a joke for personal equipment.

4. Danane

Danane Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. You gave me some perspective.

Follow up to Triple 6: why do I need to install the software before connecting the unit ?

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Because the software needs to install the drivers first. When you get your MFD (Multi Function Device) it will come with an installation quick reference that tells you how to do it.

As was said most of the people who write these bad reviews, are not as professional as they claim to be. Most are the type that don't even look at the instructions. There fore they make thier own problems during the install. I have installed many HP printers that were supposed bo problem installs with no problem. The bigget mistake is usually plugging the printer in before you are instructed to do so. It is the same with most USB Printers. Canon included.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/420290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice