1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing sp1a Windows concern

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nuggyrush, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nuggyrush

nuggyrush Thread Starter

If I chose to install sp1a Windows, will I able to do a system restore and go back to the original windows if I didn't like it?
    Thank you

2. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

Im pretty sure that as long as you have your system restore option on, you can do that...but you dont even need to get that complicated...

When you install the service pack, it will show up in add/remove programs, so you can remove it there. Though im certain you will want to keep sp1a on your computer...Fixes a lot of windows vulnerabilities...(still soooo many more to go unfortunately lol)

3. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

in 1a did they fix the problem with XP slowwwinnng right down after install?

4. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

Well i dont recall that, mainly because ive only had xp since end of january, but i have it right now and nothing has slowed down (well...more than regular windows slows it down ;))

5. nuggyrush

nuggyrush Thread Starter

would sp1a changed dialog box language to english? right now i have thai and it won't change

6. Boo_Compaq

Boo_Compaq

well thats a good question, but i dont think the service packs change your settings like that. (then again, its microsoft...so who knows?)

Even if it does change that, you can go back into control panel/regional settings & language and change it back to thai. Or if you want english, change it back to english (u.s.)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!