Installing sp1a Windows concern

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nuggyrush

If I chose to install sp1a Windows, will I able to do a system restore and go back to the original windows if I didn't like it?
Thank you

Im pretty sure that as long as you have your system restore option on, you can do that...but you dont even need to get that complicated...

When you install the service pack, it will show up in add/remove programs, so you can remove it there. Though im certain you will want to keep sp1a on your computer...Fixes a lot of windows vulnerabilities...(still soooo many more to go unfortunately lol)

in 1a did they fix the problem with XP slowwwinnng right down after install?

Well i dont recall that, mainly because ive only had xp since end of january, but i have it right now and nothing has slowed down (well...more than regular windows slows it down ;))

nuggyrush

would sp1a changed dialog box language to english? right now i have thai and it won't change

well thats a good question, but i dont think the service packs change your settings like that. (then again, its microsoft...so who knows?)

Even if it does change that, you can go back into control panel/regional settings & language and change it back to thai. Or if you want english, change it back to english (u.s.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online