1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing SP3 on a non-internet machine?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Chuffy, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chuffy

Chuffy Thread Starter

I have just succesfully downloaded SP3 onto my internet machine (after several attempts!!), is there now anyway of putting it onto my non-internet one with what I have already downloaded?

2. emailgarym

emailgarym

well it depends on the files size if it is small enough put it on a 3.5 disk or if it is to big try networking them together. You can do that through hub or if you have two phone lines you can have one computer dial up to the other and send the info that way. Other then that I don't know unless you have a cd burner but you probley wouldn't be asking this question if you had one.

3. Dan O

Dan O

The SP3 Express Install is a 620 KB file, which could be copied to CD. You could also ethernet connect the second PC and copy it on to it. You would have to connect it to a hub or use a cross over cable.

4. codexaenir

codexaenir

Dan O, this person is trying to install SP3 on a NON internet computer. Therefore the 620k express install wont work. What will work however is the beefy 144 megabytes network installation. Or you could order a cd from microsoft.

Or ask a friend to burn it for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice