Installing themes, wallpapers and screensavers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tink769702

I have downloaded themes, wallpapers and screensavers from www.appleblossomart.com but I don't understand how to get them to run and work. Please help me. Here is the information I got when I clicked on the Download TSG SysInfo above, Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3998 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1807 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 290587 MB, Free - 230700 MB; D: Total - 14352 MB, Free - 2372 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1484, 77.18, CNF021D23P
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated and Enabled.

Tink769702

Do I have XP on my laptop also or is that something seperate? When I went to the appleblossomart website there were two themes that I wanted. I tried to download them but I couldn't get them to work. Then I saw where you could download the wallpapers and screensavers seperatley. I downloaded one wallpaper and screensaver and somehow got them to work, but when I downloaded the second wallpaper and screensaver I was doing the same thing I did the first time but I couldn't get the second ones to work.

TerryNet

Terry
I only asked about Windows XP because I saw that (and the year 2007) mentioned on that web site but didn't see anything about Windows 7.

Tink769702

If I could just figure out how I got the first wallpaper and screensaver to save it would be great but for some reason when the second wallpaper and screensaver I tried to save it saved under different formats and I don't know why or what I did different.

TerryNet

Terry
Someone here may be able to help, but you should probably tell us the formats (extensions) that worked and the ones that don't.

Do I have XP on my laptop also or is that something seperate? When I went to the appleblossomart website there were two themes that I wanted. I tried to download them but I couldn't get them to work. Then I saw where you could download the wallpapers and screensavers seperatley. I downloaded one wallpaper and screensaver and somehow got them to work, but when I downloaded the second wallpaper and screensaver I was doing the same thing I did the first time but I couldn't get the second ones to work.

xp is windows xp. a different operating system. You would not have that on your windows 7 computer

Tink769702

OK I am writing down the information right now and I will post it as soon as I finish coping everything down. It won't take me long and then I will post the information.

Make sure that you select "save" to download the file to the location of your choice instead of selecting "run". This has been a complaint from predominately AOL users. One AOL visitors said they could eventually download a file without a problem by using Mozilla Firefox instead of Microsoft Explorer or by clicking the download link several times when the server is busy

Tink769702

They both say .exe so I hope I am right and that is the format. I right clicked on both of them and everything on every tab is exactly the same. I don't understand because the first one I downloaded is now in my control panel under screensavers but if I try to pull the second one up it asks me if I want the verified publisher (WebDevAZInc) ,which is the same for the first one, to make changes to my computer. If I click yes it says that the program will be removed from my computer. Then when I hit cancel it asks me if I am sure I want to cancel the installation.

webdevaz is a downloader

Downloaders have the advantage (for a malicious software writer) that they are not viruses themselves, so they may not be recognized by anti-virus software. This gives the virus a peephole into the computer through which it can travel once the downloader is in place.

Hermitt43

Jim
I have downloaded themes, wallpapers and screensavers from www.appleblossomart.com but I don't understand how to get them to run and work. Please help me.
Tink769702, it would be wise to avoid www.appleblossomart.com since all their files are wrapped with AdWare/Spyware to cover the cost of serving the files.
You can get pretty much the same material without the FileWrapping HERE.
Get even better themes here... http://www.belchfire.net/windows7-themes.html

Jim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online