Installing video card, no work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

goldenrat

I am trying to install a GeForce FX Verto 5500 PCI dual vga display video card and am having problems. Okay, after installing the card and hooking up the monitors, I start the computer and once it gets to the windows boot screen, it doesn't do anything. the progress bar does nothing. It just does nothing. I am running windows xp sp1, have not got my wifi card working yet. I have booted up in safe mode and it won't allow me to install the card. if i try to launch off the drivers cd rom, it freezes. if i remove the card, windows boots up fine.

any ideas?

goldenrat

:) I got it working.

1. I had to disable the onboard video driver in the System hardware devices
2. Turned off computer and installed card. connected monitors and turned on.
3. Entered bios and changed the primary display adaptor to pci
4. restarted and... BAM! It works! No thanks the the instructions provided by the video card company.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts