1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing vista on brand new hd with partition

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by videogamingtown, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videogamingtown

videogamingtown Thread Starter

hi im having a problem
    i have an 80gb old seagate hd and a brand new 750 gb samsung hd (both sata) i had originally xp installed on the 80gb and then got the upgrade to vista disc and had no problems... now i wanted to get rid of the old 80gb hd so i could use the second sata port for my new blu-ray disc player but i have data on my second 750gb that is valuble to me and is not easy to move.... so i created a 100gb partition using paragon partition manager and installed the os on the new partition which is the G:/ HD.... So i have the two options of vista when i start my pc but when i try to remove the old hard drive and boot vista just on the new one i just get a black screen with a dos type (_) symbol

please help me out here as i want this fixed (i spent hours installing programs and settings etc. on the new hd)

thanks in advance,
    robert

2. videogamingtown

videogamingtown Thread Starter

Anyone? please this is pretty urgent

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice