1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Installing Vista stops at "Completing Installation"

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BoxedA, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoxedA

BoxedA Thread Starter

Hello, I am in a bit of a hurry, because I have been at someone else's house for the weekend, but in short my old hard drive was unbelievably corrupted, and after spending a week trying to work with it and get the infection out, I made it worse.

So, with little time, or access to computers to fix it, I made the tough decsision to get a new 320GB hard drive, and start over.

I was feeling optimistic about things, untill when I was trying to reinstall the vista OS, it stopped progressing at "Completing Installation"

and I am not sure what I am suppose to do. It's been saying that for hours, and I read some articles online where people whould have it up for days.

So... I got the new HD, and the OS disc, and my serial number (which I have yet to see a prompt for me to enter it into)

I went to Dell Tech Support, but I can't get live help because my warrenty is expired. So... please help? =D

edit:

My HD is a 320GB 2.5" SATA 5400 HDD

I have Vista OS 32bit Home

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/930895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice