1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

installing vista transformation pack on xp !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by worf51, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. worf51

worf51 Thread Starter

hi guys,i`m hoping someone who has already done this can lend me a hand...... ok,what i`m wondering is,on my xp pc i have customised my cursors,eg.animated arrow,busy & working in background,does this pack replace all this or what exactly does it do ???? as i want to know what changes am i going to see,sorry to be a pain !!!!!!!thanks:eek:

2. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

There are several vista transformation packs out there. I tried a couple before Vista actually came out. Basically it just adds a theme that you can choose to make XP look like Vista.. The ones I tried did have some limitations though, and one I could notice a definite slowdown on my pc.. I guess it hogged quite a lot of memory. I would get occasional system freezes as well, so I finally took them off.. Maybe the ones out there now have the bugs worked out. It won't remove any of the XP themes, but should you decide you don't like it then yes you will have to go back and 'personalize' the XP theme again.

3. worf51

worf51 Thread Starter

thank you billy the adult for your reply,it`s just that i love the way the xp system runs, but i like the appearance of the vista, i would like to have it BOTH WAYS ,i know "never satisfied" ha ha ....

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

I wouldn't do it either. A while ago I did it on an XP machine and eventually I had to reformat from all the problems it created.

5. worf51

worf51 Thread Starter

i was going to try it on my amd athlon 3000 64 bit,which is not an internet machine,just for games,so in this case would it still play up,sorry to be a pain !!!!!!thank you :confused:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!