Installing Visual Studio .NET

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

motocross95

I've been trying to install Visual Studio .NET to no avail. It's quite frustrating. It fails to install the Setup Runtime Files for some reason. It would have worked on my laptop had I had enough space on it so I'm stumped as to why it won't work on my desktop. Can someone please help? Or direct me in the right direction? I've installed all the latest Windows Updates. Oh yeah, this is in the Windows Component Update installation part just so you know. Thanks in advance.

IMM

Old list of requirements from a beta
----
Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a
Windows 2000 Service Pack 2
Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0
Microsoft Windows Management Infrastructure
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Web Extensions Client
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions Service Release 1.2
Setup Runtime Files
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7
Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
---

Anything missing?
Are u working from a hard drive or a CD?
Are you admin?
Are u installing using the following method?
Drive:\Setup.exe /createunattend <path to .INI file>

motocross95

I'm installing from a CD, and shouldn't all the requirements be on it? I go through the normal installation and when it gets to the Windows Update Component part it goes to install it and it says setup failed everytime in the same part. I am an admin as well. So should I try the method you said?? Drive:\Setup.exe /createunattend <path to .INI file>

motocross95

You can help by trying to find something on the internet that addresses this issue if you want to. Thanks for wanting to help though.

motocross95

Thank you IMM. I copied the files from the windows component update to my Hard drive and installed and no problems. There is more though. Now on to actually installing Visual Studio.NET. When installing from the DVD drive it gets a ways and gets an internal error. So I copied the files to my HD and comes up with another error saying it's missing files or something. Not sure what's going on. Help would be appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online